Transfer Domain From GoDaddy to iPage
How to Transfer Domain Fromto
If you don’t want to use Godaddy’s web hosting, but you have a domain name registered with them and want to use iPage web hosting instead, here’s how to do it.
First, Change Nameservers
- In your godaddy control panel, go to Domain Management and click on your domain name.
- Change the Nameservers to ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com
- Now let it cook. The change will propagate over the 20 minutes to a couple of hours, usually sooner than later.
Now Get Web Hosting
The next step is to get an iPage hosting account. DO NOT do it just yet because there are a couple of ways to do it. I want to make sure you do it right. I’ve written up the exact steps. Please follow the instructions exactly as written so you don’t run into problems. I have an iPage account so trust me, this is not a copy and paste from some ancient corner of the web with out-dated information. I did all this on my own account and it works.
Click here to see the rest of the tutorial to transfer a domain from godaddy to iPage. It will explain how to add domains to your web hosting account.
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?
- Making A Website Name Go To A Different Name