iPage – Using Weebly to Build Your Website
In the previous tutorial, I created a sub-domain on the primary domain in my web hosting account. I’m now going to use Weebly to build a demo website on that sub-domain.
I login to my, go to Domains and click on Weebly. I then select the sub-domain from the drop-down list of domains on my hosting account and click the Create Basic Site button.
And what happened after that? Nothing. I kept clicking the button and nothing happened. I thought maybe it can’t be installed on a sub-domain so I submitted a support ticket. They said it installs fine on a sub-domain. Hmm, it’s gotta be one of those Internet Explorer things again.
Long story, here’s the short version. Several years ago I bought a new Dell PC just before Windows Vista was to be released so my computer came with XP Pro. When I got the upgrade CD I should have thrown it in the garbage. That brand new computer’s never been the same since. Do NOT EVER upgrade your operating system.
Ok, let’s try something else. I then opened Safari and tried it again. This time it worked without any problems.
The Drag n Drop templates are pretty cool looking. Actually better than I expected. The Elements like text boxes, image galleries, YouTube videos and such just drag right onto the page. I also included some AdSense ads with the HTML element.
When you drag the elements onto the page, they go single file down the page. That was annoying because I wanted some text on the left with a YouTube video on the right. I finally figured out that you have to drag the 2-column element onto the page and then drag the text box into one column and the video into the other. SO much better!
Here’s my http://weebly.ezexample.com website. Not too bad for a start.
Here’s a short video showing how easy it is to build a website with the iPage Drag n Drop website builder.
Here are some of the top iPage features:
- Unlimited hosting space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited email accounts
- Unlimited domains allowed
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- Unlimited files allowed - No inode limits
- Free domain name
- Easy to use web hosting control panel
- Easy SimpleScripts script installer for blogs, CMS, forums, photo galleries and more
- Drag and drop website builder
- Multi-media support for audio, video, music, Flash, and Shockwave
- Step by step tutorials
- Powered by 100% green wind energy
- Anytime moneyback guarantee
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?
- Making A Website Name Go To A Different Name