iPage Signup – How To Sign Up For An iPage Web Hosting Account
I signed up for an iPage web hosting account for a few reasons.
- I needed an account so I can demo features to you guys because so many people don’t even know how to approach web hosting and need to see it in action with step-by-step instructions.
- I took advantage of some severely discounted pricing. I feel guilty, not!
Do me a favor. If you find this helpful, leave a comment and click the Google PlusOne button at the top of the page.
To get your website or blog online you need three things:
- A domain name
- Web hosting
- A website or blog
How To Sign Up For An IPage Account
The first step is to select a domain name. That’s your .com name. You can also do .net, .biz, .info, etc.
There are two ways to sign up for a new IPage account. You can get a free domain name or you can use a domain name that you registered someplace else like NameCheap. After you sign up, what you see when you login to your web hosting control panel will be different, depending upon which method you used.or
The IPage signup screen and an explanation of each selection:
1) Register A New Domain - Most people love free so they select this option. It’s also the easiest way to get started fast. When you accept the free domain name offer, the domain name will automatically be added to your hosting account and will become your primary domain on the account. When you login to your control panel, you’ll be able to immediately begin building your website or blog.
2) Transfer Existing Domain - The other option for creating a new account is the transfer method. The transfer isn’t to transfer your domain name away from your current domain name registrar. It’s to transfer your web hosting to them because they assume you already have the name hosted someplace else. Here’s what this selection does.
- The name you type into the www field will become the username on your account. It does not become the domain name on the account.
- This method creates a blank, empty web hosting account with no domain name associated with it.
- Once the account is created, you’ll need to add a primary domain name to the account.
- Once a domain name is added to the account, you can build a website or blog.
- Click here to see how to add a domain to your iPage account. You’ll need to do this after you sign up.
Are you ready? Then click here to sign up for an iPage hosting account.
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- Messed up WordPress on my Dreamhost Account
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?