iPage Control Panel Review – What’s Inside the iPage cpanel
You’re gonna LOVE the new streamlined, user-friendly IPage control panel with the powerful SimpleScripts 1-click script installer. Quickly set up over 70 of the web’s top applications, including WordPress, Joomla, forums, wikis, social networking, image galleries and more.
If you want an easy to use control panel to manage your website(s) without all the complexities and geeky tools you’ll never use, then this is the control panel for you. Honestly, if all you want to do is run a website or blog, you don’t need anything else.
Easy WordPress Installation
I see a lot of people attempting to install WordPress on their web hosting account by downloading it from WordPress.org, uploading it to their site and then wondering “Dude, where’s my blog?” Installing WordPress is super easy in the control panel. Just click on the little SimpleScripts icon. You’ll find tons of cool things to install on your site. Here is the full SimpleScripts script list
A lot of you have been asking about the IPage cpanel and what functions are available in it, so here it is.
Q: Does iPage have an easy-to-use website builder? I don’t want to spend my time learning how to use software to build a website.
A: Yes. If all you want is a simple website with just a few pages, they’ve got an easy drag and drop online website builder. Just pick the template you’d like to use as a starting point. You can easily change existing text, or drag items into a page and edit them, all without any coding at all.
A: iPage uses the vDeck 4 Control Panel. It’s similar to the popular cPanel control panel, but without some of the tools for geeks that you might never use. Keep reading to find out what it has.
Q: Can you show me what vDeck looks like?
A: Sure. The vDeck control panel contains a comprehensive set of tools for managing your hosting account. The tools are arranged in categories accessible both from the menu bar across the top of the page and also from category section down the control panel page.
Q: What items are in each category?
A: Here’s a list of each vDeck category and the functions available. Some options may vary, depending upon any upgrades you may have purchased.
- .htaccess Editor
- Hotlink Protection
- Directory Password Protection
- Block IP Addresses
- MIME Types
- Custom Error Pages
- Default Filename Pages
- URL Redirect
- Control Open Directory Browsing
- Archive Gateway
- CGI and Scripted Language Support
- Form e-Mail
- MYSQL Database
- Check Error Logs
- Perl Scripting
- PHP Scripting
- Python Scripting
- Server Side Includes and CGI
- Resend Welcome Email
- Disk Usage
- FTP Settings
- Create additional FTP user acccounts
- FrontPage Extensions
- Google Services for Websites
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Custom Search
- Google AdWords
- Google AdSense
- MySQL Database
- Secure Server
- Secure Socket Layer Services
- Server Information
- Path to FTP
- Incoming Mail Server (POP3)
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
- Webmail URL
- Control Panel URL
- CGI Status
- Document Root
- FrontPage Extensions Status
- Logs (.gz zipped versions of raw log files)
- Platform Type
- MySQL Version
- Perl Version
- PHP Version
- Path to Sendmail
- Path to Perl
- Path to PHP
- Secure FTP (SFTP) Port
- Installed Perl Modules
- Installed Pear Modules
- ShopSite Starter
- ShopSite is an e-commerce software package that allows you to efficiently manage your online store, merchandise and transactions.
- The web’s top scripts to install on your site. Complete SimpleScripts list of applications.
- SiteLock Website Security
- Visitor Statistics
- Website Creator CM4all
- Basic Website
- Premium Website
- Ecommerce Website
- Weebly Drag n Drop Builder
- See the video near the top of this page.
- Quick link to the WordPress installer
- Accept credit cards on your website
- Create mailbox accounts
- Create email forwarding
- Web access to your email accounts via the internet instead of a POP3 email client.
- Change Catch-All
- Setup for handling email sent to email addresses not on your account.
- Mail Tool Settings
- Select your preferred WebMail client. AtMail or SquirrelMail.
- Manage Spam Filter
- Spam management settings for all domains on your account. Applies to the entire account, NOT per addon domain.
- Domain Central
- Lists all domains on your account.
- Register Domain
- Purchase new domain names
- Registrar Transfer
- Allows you to transfer domain names purchased at another registrar to iPage’s registrar.
Category: Marketing Services
- Facebook Ad Credit
- Free Toll-free Phone Number
- Free YellowPages Listing
- Google AdWords Credit
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Yahoo Sponsored Search Credit
Category: Account Information
- Account Renewal
- Renew your ipage web hosting account
- Add Account
- Purchase another hosting account
- Billing Central
- Displays upcoming payments due on your account
- Change Account Info
- Your personal information. Name, address, phone, etc.
- Change Email Addresses
- Your administrative, billing, technical email contact addresses
- Change Password
- Change the password on your web hosting account
- Manage Subscriptions
- Manage the various email messages that iPage sends out from time to time.
- Resend Account Info
- Resend your password in case you forgot it.
- Set Security Question
- Set up a security question that iPage will use to identify you as the account holder.
- Update Credit Card Info
- Manage the credit card you have on file
One Response to iPage Control Panel Review – What’s Inside the iPage cpanel
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?
- Making A Website Name Go To A Different Name