How do I use WordPress and use my regular web pages?
I want to keep my regular subpages on my site (example: mysite.php portfolio.php,) but I want to use wordpress as well for the theme and use my own subpages instead of the wordpress pages. How do I use my wordpress theme on my regular subpages?
A regular static HTML site and a database driven WordPress blog are two different things. WordPress dynamically creates posts and pages from content that it fetches from a MySQL database. It doesn’t store static website pages in the file system. Well, you can use a caching plugin to create static html pages, but that a different thing.
Here’s the way I understand this. You have a particular WordPress theme that you like and you want to use that as a template for your site, but you want to server your own pages and not those from WordPress? The only way you can do that is to copy the content from those pages and paste them into WordPress posts or pages, using the same name at the external file name.
You can use a program calledto create a template. It creates all kinds of themes and templates like regular websites, WordPress, Blogger, Joomla, ASP.net and more. Click here to get a free download of to try it out.
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- Messed up WordPress on my Dreamhost Account
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?