Where can I get free domain names?
Is there a web hosting site that offers free domains? I would like to create a site but I am planning to create 3 sites or more…but I don’t want to pay for each domains.
What you are looking for simply doesn’t exist unless you get a really expensive hosting account and they feel guilty and toss in a few free domain names. But by the time you pay for hosting, you’ve already taken out a second mortgage on your house to get it. Here’s what I would do.
1) Cheap Domain Names
Get your domains really cheap using this NameCheap coupon code. For under $10, you can snag a domain name and free privacy protection.
I have to tell you a little story that just happened to me yesterday. This marketing outfit that I was looking at recommends using enom for domain names. So I go check them out and I just about fell out of my chair. They want $39.95 for ONE year for a .com name!!!
And, they want $8.00/yr for privacy protection. I always get privacy protection for my domains. Now get this. I can get a .com name and privacy protection at Name Cheap for only $9.79. That same deal at enom is $47.95. That’s almost FIVES TIMES AS MUCH!!!!
2) Multi-Domain Hosting
Then get some good cPanel hosting that will let you host unlimited domains on your account. I suggest WebHostingHub. Here’s what you do, after you buy the domain name, change the nameservers to the Hub’s servers. Then in your Hub account create an addon domain for the domain name. BAMM! Now they’re hooked together. You’ll be happy with hosting at the Hub. The servers are fast and reliable. I’ve never had any of my sites go down due to server issues.WebHostingHub Account Features Overview
- A+ Better Business Bureau Rating
- Unlimited Disk Space / Bandwidth
- Host Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited Databases
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- 24/7 U.S. Based Tech Support
- FREE Setup
- FREE Site Builder
- FREE Domain Name For 1 Year
- FREE Website Transfer
- FREE Fantastico Script Installer
- FREE $75 Google AdWords Credit
- NO HIDDEN FEES
- Custom Error Pages
- Easy to use cPanel Control Panel
- SSI, FTP, CRON
- Website Stats
- CGI, Ruby (RoR)
- Perl, PHP, MYSQL
- E-commerce Enabled
- Works with Windows, Mac, Linux computers
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- Messed up WordPress on my Dreamhost Account
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?