when i buy a domain name it is obvious the company isn’t purchasing or registering it until i pay for it, hense being able to go to godaddy or yahoo, or anywhere else and buy the same name, but the real question here is are these companies purchasing it or just registering a number with ARIN?
YOU are the one who is paying to register the domain name. The registrar then submits the registration to ARIN or ICANN.
BTW, they don’t have a pool of unused domain names that they “sell”. If a name, any name, even a garbage name like dkeuo385jslwi82oj.com is not already registered, you can register it.
Make sure you don’t pay anymore than you have to. Use this NameCheap coupon code to get hella cheap domain names with free privacy protection.
- Best Web Hosting Companies and What Makes Them That Way
- I iPage Good Web Hosting for Flash Games?
- Messed up WordPress on my Dreamhost Account
- How do I switch the WordPress menu from the right to the left side?
- Should I sell domain names through GoDaddy?
- Cheapest Way to Build a Website
- Posting a Website With a Register.com Domain Name
- Best Program to Build a Simple Website
- How can I establish a brand new url?
- Where can I make and register a really good domain name?
- How do I start my own website with custom coding?
- Web Hosting for Each Domain, or Host Them All on One Account?
- How Should I Registrar a Domain Name and Web Hosting?
- How much would it cost for make an easy business website?
- Should I Pay to Upgrade My WordPress blog?